Sewer Drain Cleaning
As a premier sewer drain cleaning company, SWE Sewer Solutions leads the industry by cleaning more drains and performing more sewer line repairs than any other company in Southern California. We can help with any clogged sewer drain and handle all sewer cleaning services. Our expert plumbers provide both residential and commercial services, addressing clogged kitchen drains, clogged bathroom drains, clogged outdoor drains, and blocked sewer lines 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Keeping Your Home Plumbing Safe
Plumbing and sewer systems in newer homes are designed to last much longer than in older homes. When pipes become clogged, they can create big problems. When sewer systems do not work properly, wastewater cannot flow smoothly to the sewer treatment plant. This can lead to sewer backups; that is, sewer water getting into basements or out onto streets and lawns. If sewer pipes are broken, they may need to be fixed or replaced completely.
It’s important for homeowners to know how to keep sewer lines clean and working properly outside their home. This reduces sewer backups and repairs that can sometimes be very costly. Clean sewer systems also protect the environment because wastewater treatment plants can do their job more effectively. It’s also just as important to know how to keep drains clean and working properly at home, too.
Keeping your home safe from dangerous backups involves some understanding of how sewer systems work and following some simple guidelines and tips that include:
1) Report sewer problems quickly. Don’t wait until the problem gets worse.
2) Use chemical drain cleaners sparingly. A sewer treatment plant can usually handle them.
3) Avoid pouring grease down the drain when cleaning pots and pans.
4) Do not put foreign objects in the sewer system, such as sanitary towels, disposable diapers and even small toys.
5) Don’t pour any liquids down sewer drains except for ones that are designed to break up grease.
6) Stop sewer backups by repairing sewer line breaks quickly. This is important to avoiding costly repairs.
7) Avoid putting anything into sewer systems that can damage them or harm people who may have direct contact with the sewer water, such as repair workers.
Type of Drain Cleaning Services
Kitchen drains can become slower over time and eventually clog due to grease, soaps, and fats building up in the pipes. SWE Sewer Solutions plumbing professionals will use special equipment to clear the clog and remove any debris. This process will restore your kitchen sink’s functionality to its original state.
Bathrooms can be clogged with soap and hair or have sinks full of toothpaste and other grime. While toilets can become clogged with toilet paper and other non-flushable materials. No matter what the problem, our professional plumbers can help clear blocked bathroom drains. We also offer expert sewer cleaning services.
A clogged drain in a bathtub can quickly become a problem for a busy household. Blocked bathtub drains can happen due to hair, shampoo, hair, fur, and bath toys. However, it’s possible to unclog your bathtub drain with a plunger or drain snake. We have all the necessary tools needed to help you get your blocked bathtub drain working again.
Commercial Sewer Drain Cleaning – If you work in busy restaurants, food processing facilities, or any other similar business, grease and organic matter can quickly build up in drains and pipes. Whatever the problem, it must be addressed immediately. We have several different methods to clear commercial sewer lines, including high-pressure water jets or hydro-jetting.
We can clear virtually any sewer drain in your home or office. We use the latest tools and technology in the industry available today. Most drains can be cleared quickly, typically within minutes. Request a call today to get things flowing again.
Signs That You May Need a Sewer Drain Cleaning:
If your home has a sewer clog, it can be difficult to find the main drain and fix the problem. Most drain cleaners contain hazardous chemicals that could damage your pipes over time if used excessively. At SWE Sewer Solutions, we recommend having regular plumbing maintenance to avoid bigger problems later. However, if you do experience a drain clog, don’t worry! We’re here to help.
Pooling water can also be a sign that something more serious is happening. If you see any puddles of water in your yard, it’s time to call a plumber and have them clean the drains. It’s likely that you may encounter a bad smell coming from the puddles as well.
Slow Drainage Lines
If water seems to take longer than usual to disappear down the drain, it may be because there is a blockage clogging up the line. This is usually noticeable in the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, bathtub or possibly in the shower. Sewer backups are a serious matter and need to be resolved quickly.
If your drain smells bad, it means that something is wrong with your plumbing. Dirty water that becomes stagnant and backs-up your sewage can generate a pretty bad odor. The P-trap under each sink is what keeps the smell from coming into your home. However, if the backup gets bad or your pipe has a leak, the smelly odor can come up through other openings.
5 Steps to Cleaning Your Sewer Line:
- Before starting the sewer drain cleaning process, you first need to determine the location of the clog. Sometimes sewer blockages happen near the entrance of sewer lines where the soil ends and the sewer line starts; this is usually a good place to start.
- Determine which tools or equipment will be needed. Typically, a drain snake or auger will do. If you feel that the clog is too hard to remove or your sewer line is more stubborn, you may need to use a Hydro-Jetter. Although this is not a common household tool.
- Begin the sewer drain cleaning process at the point closest to where you believe the clog is located. If the blockage is located near a sewer cleanout, remove the sewer grate and insert the auger to begin breaking up any objects that may be blocking the drain line. When using a drain auger, turn it clockwise by hand to remove the debris.
- If this is a more stubborn clog or you find that there are several sewer line clogs, you may need to purchase a commercial Hydro-Jetter. These machines can cost several thousands of dollars, so another less expensive option is to simply call your local plumber.
- Once you have completed these steps, you need to run water through the line to confirm that the sewer line clog has been removed. You may also want to use a drain cleaner to disinfect the pipes.
When the job is finished, make sure to replace the grate or cover it properly to avoid any future clogs.
Sewer Lines and Your Home
Most homeowners and business owners rarely think about their sewer system, that is, until it’s too late. Then, that’s all they can think about, because it can become a very stressful situation. Sewer line problems can be expensive to fix, depending on whether you try to fix it yourself or hire someone else to do it for you. Having a professional plumber you can call right away is crucial to resolving the issue quickly and saving you money.
The chances of damage to your pipes are reduced with regular sewer drain cleaning maintenance. However, even when you do your best to keep your sewer pipes clean, you may still experience problems with the sewer, because there’s never a shortage of things that can go wrong! We have the solution to your plumbing needs, to keep your sewer drains flowing. We provide emergency drain cleaning services for homes and businesses across Southern California.
Nobody wants to deal with awful sewer backups. The smell can be hard to remove, and the waste-water sticks to virtually everything it comes in contact with. Save yourself stress and trouble. We are the sewer experts, so let us do the dirty work.
SWE Sewer Solutions offers the best sewer drain cleaning services available today. We utilize the latest technologies in plumbing while maintaining competitive pricing and quality service. With more than 40 years in business we’ve seen it all, and we are ready for any situation 24/7. So, if you need help with your sewer drain system, give us a call today, we are ready to help.